Anyway, I was very much suckered in to this pecan craze at my last trip to the grocer. I picked up a pound of them without any real intention to bake a pie or do anything specific with them... which resulted in me making Cinnamon and Sugar Pecans... they were a sweet snack, and made the kitchen smell amazing as they baked.
Next year?... I'm rebelling and giving cashews some attention.
Cinnamon & Sugar Pecans
1 lb pecan halves
1 large egg white
1 tbsp water
1 cup white sugar
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Grease cookie sheet.
2. Beat egg white and water until foamy.
3. Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
4. Dredge pecans in egg mixture, then toss in sugar until well coated.
5. Spread nuts on cookie sheet.
6. Bake for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
1 comment:
These may be good for a Christmas party I'm having...are they reall sweet???
Post a Comment