Now that all the hustle around Thanksgiving is over, I can finally share a little bit of what I was doing for the holiday-- baking, of course! I had the task of planning dessert menus for three different holiday dinner parties... so I spent the majority of the day elbow-deep in pie dough and cake batter. I'm definitely okay with that, as I could choose a hunk of homemade apple pie over a pile of turkey and all of its
tryptophan any day...
I adapted an already delicious pumpkin pie
recipe from Daily Olive for the day... I threw in a slightly different blend of seasoning, and sweetened with honey. In my entire twenty years of living, I have never had a piece of pumpkin pie (obviously, my parents are foreign..), and it was interesting to bake a dessert without any preconceived notions on how it was supposed to taste. The feedback I got from pumpkin pie connoisseurs assured me that I was able to retain its authentic, American taste.

The pie had the perfect combination of spices, was not too sweet, and the crust was flaky and buttery.


I ended up making too much pie dough for the pumpkin pie, and so as to not let it go to waste, I threw together this delicious apple pie. My dad had brought me homegrown apples, and they turned out to be perfect in this classic pie...

This guy was a Pumpkin Spice cake with Honeyed Cream Cheese Icing... need I say more?

Any Thankgiving dinner- or meal, for that matter- is not complete without some sort of chocolate... For this particular meal, I made my Chocolate cake with Dark Chocolate Fudge Icing, topped with hand dipped strawberries.
Can't wait to see what Christmas has in store....
No comments:
Post a Comment